Thursday, February 12, 2009

1 Barowner + 1 Bartender = 0

Aarghhh! I hate this story! After a good run, both Barowner and Bartender dropped me like a hot potato, which left me really hating myself for what I had done to Barowner. That was until my friend, W, pointed out that I wasn’t actually feeling remorse - I was feeling resentment over the fact that I’d lost a really good thing (I had going). So true. After that, I felt no more remorse and moved on to many more fabulous dating escapades.

In case you’re wondering how Barowner found out about my little, um, tryst(s) - sigh - Bartender told him.

Here’s how it went down:
I was feeling guilty about my Bartender, one evening, so I agreed to go to some boring event with Barowner - after which, he brought me back to his bar. He asked me why I was so tired, and I replied, “I didn’t go to sleep until eight this morning.”
“Didn’t you go home around two last night?”
Fuck me! I hesitated and made up some crap about how "I was sitting in front of the computer and was wired from the blue light, so I couldn’t sleep." Phew! Close one!

We were drinking with some attractive surgeons (gotta get one of their phone numbers!) who were Barowner’s friends. Barowner got up and then returned to our table, with drinks in hand . . . . pale as a ghost. We continued drinking, all the while, Barowner said nothing. Hmm. I glanced at him, laughing along with the surgeons, but fixated on Barowners blank stare. What could be wrong with him?

“So, I asked Bartender why he’s so tired,” began Barowner. WHAT?! I could feel myself losing all the colour to my face, coupled with an intense sinking feeling in my stomach. “And he told me he was fooling around with Dani all night.”

I stammered, and laughed uncomfortably. I tried, but there was no way of digging myself out of that grave. I even pretended it was all a silly joke.
Humph. Oh well! That was fun while it lasted.

Let this be a lesson: Do not date two men that are FRIENDS HaHa! At least, I can still laugh about it . . .

Until next time,
YPhilotes

No comments: